Friday, June 7, 2013

The way men and boys dress

I have a lot of time to observe people as we sit on the metro. It is generally quite entertaining and time goes by quickly. I have NEVER observed the fashion seen all too often back in the states of the droopy pants that show the underwear and make the men/boys look like penguins as they waddle around with their pants down almost to their knees. I have always found that offensive. I have NEVER observed that here or anything close to it. I see a lot of jeans and t-shirts, suits and ties. I also see that the men and boys are not afraid of color. It's not uncommon to see a guy wearing a bright red pair of pants (that fit) or brightly colored sneakers or shoes. The other day on the metro, a young man in shorts and shirt was wearing these bright cranberry colored loafer-type shoes that appeared to be of a velour material and tassels. Something I would see a woman wear. They really looked out of place to me.(especially with shorts)  I've also seen a lot of pointed dress shoes. Is that popular now back in the States? I'm wondering if the bright loafers are a new trend as I saw another young man wearing bright blue loafers.  Just interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment