Friday, April 26, 2013

A grumpy day

I should have known that maybe it wouldn't be my best day today when I left my brush at home. Hat hair in Russia is a pretty popular ailment, and today I really suffered from it! (even though I wasn't wearing a hat.).

Shortly after arriving at the office my husband wanted to know where the "stats" page was for the mission history we have been working on for weeks.  I couldn't find it. I questioned whether it had even been given to me because it wasn't where it belonged and I don't remember seeing it in the first place.

Now, that's a surprise. As hard as I have been working since arriving here over 13 months ago to get more organized, I haven't quite accomplished it yet to the degree I want to.

It put me out of sorts all day....Here I had lost something I didn't even remember having or receiving in the first place. It didn't help my mood any knowing that Elder Law had to retrieve the information again (which took him over an hour) and he did it with a smile on his face!

When I left the office to come home, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, the trees were budding...and it's the weekend. You get the picture? I decided I was through being grumpy. In my defense, this has been my first grumpy day in the mission office since we came on our mission. I don't think the office elders noticed but of course my better half of over 41 years noticed.

We are both looking forward to a nice weekend. Maybe take a walk, read, relax, do some baking for our office elders (just in case they did notice I was grumpy) and just enjoy some downtime. And to top it off, walking up the sidewalk to our apartment, there was a new lawn ornament. A toilet. hmmm. Need I say more?

Have a nice weekend everyone. I plan on it. I hope to be my cheerful self on Monday and get this report done! Dos vidonya.

No comments:

Post a Comment