Sunday, August 18, 2013

I just called to say I love you....

We caught the number 460 bus to Zelonograd this morning. It is a brand new bus, very nice. There was music playing softly in the background. What was it? "I just called to say I love you." It seemed funny to me to be in Russia listening to this tune in English.  As we zipped along past little homes with gingerbread shutters, long expanses of green meadows and trees, I was drinking it all in. This view, so familiar to me after taking the same route for the past 18 months. I remember that we will be making this trip only one more time. As I softly sang along with the song, I thought of Russia. I do love Russia. I will miss Russia. I know that I will never hear this song again without thinking of Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment